About Groundscapes, Inc.
We are a lawn maintenance, lawn care, and landscaping company located in Valley, Nebraska. For over 20 years, we’ve been known to provide excellent service, build lasting projects, and prioritize customer satisfaction. Our company culture is unmatched because we make sure our crew members are always taken care of. We’re proud to say that most of our employees have been with us for over 20 years. Join our team and you’ll see why!
If you’re looking for year-round employment in the lawn care and landscaping industry, this position is right for you. We offer competitive pay, benefits, paid time off, and room to grow within the company.
Our office is located in Valley, Nebraska. Applicants should live in Valley or in a nearby location such as Waterloo, Venice, Mead, or Yutan.
The Heavy Equipment Division Lead should have extensive experience with operating heavy machinery used for excavations. You will be responsible for overseeing landscape projects that involve the installation of various types of pipe as well as performing general labor tasks. Must also be skilled in clearing, grubbing, backfilling, compacting, pipe laying for excavation projects.
Heavy Equipment Division Lead Job Description
- Ability to operate heavy machinery in addition to bending, kneeling, reaching stooping, and performing general labor tasks for extended periods of time
- Understand information concerning grades to final grade, slope finishing, and pipe laying
- Inspect equipment prior to use, make entries into operator’s checklist, log each piece of equipment for projects, report damaged equipment, report safety issues
- Must be able to manually carry materials including lumber, pipes, grates, castings, and bags of concrete. Lift a minimum of 100 lbs
- Assist and work with line crew with digging trenches and ditches, hoisting materials, operating backhoe, front-end loader, and road grater.
- Adhere to OSHA safety requirements and wear mandated protective equipment and clothing (hard hat, safety-toe boots, safety glasses, etc.)
- Read and interpret maps, sketches, drawings, technical manuals, and specifications
- Ability to work in variety of climate conditions including inclement weather
- Must live in or near Valley, Nebraska
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and CDLting
- Must have transportation to job site daily
- Complete and pass any necessary training pertaining to excavations and landscaping
- Attend all safety training programs related to the job
- Strong communication skills and ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Some Weekends
- 8-10 hour shifts
- $55-$80k depending on experience
- Bonus opportunities
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays