Entry Level Landscape Designer
We are hiring! Groundscapes is currently seeking both full and part-time entry-level landscape designers. This position will allow the right individual to use their knowledge and experience in new ways to help grow our company while also growing as an individual. Our Landscape Designers work to merge our clients’ ideas into beautiful, functional outdoor living spaces while enhancing their property.
This position is best suited for college students who are looking for a Summer Landscape Design Internship, as well as recent graduates that are looking for a full-time position where they can learn and grow with us.
At Groundscapes, we have over 20 years of experience designing and installing our clients’ dream landscapes into beautiful realities. We have worked hard to build our reputation on our commitment to providing quality service which has earned us many valuable clients, awards, and recognitions.
Requirements for Our Landscape Designer Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Design or Landscape Architecture OR 0-2 years of related experience and/or training
- Highly motivated, hardworking individual
- Demonstrated ability in graphics and communications
- Ability to work well with others as a team member in a very fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of landscape design, horticulture, hardscape materials, topography, and landscape construction
- Basic skills in site-specific design with particular skill at grading and planting design
- Ability to mix creativity with functionality in each design
- Proficiency in programs such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
- Proficiency in Design & 3D rendering softwares such as AutoCad or Sketchup
- Live in or around our Valley, NE location and have access to reliable transportation
Landscape Designer Job Duties:
- Coordinate with office staff, designers, salesmen, and crew foremen during and after construction projects
- Create base maps in design software with accurate property information (house location, property lines, setbacks, topography, specific covenant rules, etc.)
- Create unique and creative designs to impress our clients through rendered plans, 3D images, and animations
- Site visits during consultation and construction
Full-Time Position Benefits:
- Smart phone reimbursement of $12.50 per week
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance after 60 days of employment
- AD&D insurance and life insurance options are available after 60 days of employment
- Paid “winter break” after 6 months of employment
- 401(k), paid vacations, and paid holidays are available after 1 year of employment
- $18-22 per hour, depending on experience
The brand new Groundscapes Headquarters is located just west of the Omaha metro area at: 6065 N 261st Circle, Valley, NE, 68066. This new facility is the perfect collaborative environment between designers, salesmen, and our crew’s foremen. This space includes an open-concept design studio, which is where our team of Landscape Designers do most of their work. Applicants should live in Valley, NE or in a nearby location including Waterloo, Venice, Yutan, Washington, or Bennington.